Hey Fellow Geeks, checkout out Jon and Victor’s reactions to the Nintendo Switch Reveal Event that happened on Thursday night! Very interesting stuff to come this year for Nintendo.
Jon and Dom discuss the Playstation Experience Death Stranding Panel. We also talk about the Playstation Experience Conference and The Game Awards.
Dom and Jon think back on Red Dead Redemption and discuss the reveal trailer for its sequel.
Jon and Dom discuss the Xmen universe, and try to figure out what is canon. Also, there is a movie coming out about an old Wolverine.
Dom and Jon discuss the reveal trailer for Nintendo’s new console, the Nintendo Switch!
I currently have two full Playstation VR games that have 360 degree movement (Here They Lie, The Assembly). I realized I felt the most motion sickness while playing these games. They both provide more point-and-click style options to prevent the motion sickness issue altogether. But, I found this frustrating when I’d want to face something and just couldn’t quite get the right angle.
So, I decided to break down what it was that was actually making me feel sick. I realized that I only felt sick when I was using the right analog stick to move left and right. That’s when I realized something. As gamers, we have become used to facing forward while turning in a game. Obviously we do this because we’re watching what’s happening on a screen in front of us. But in real life, you would naturally turn your head when turning your body. So I decided to turn my head in the direction that I was turning the right analog stick, and to attempt to turn at a similar speed to the game. This completely removed any feelings of motion sickness!
Another thing to note is, if the game provides the option to adjust turning speed (such as The Assembly), I recommend adjusting the speed to as fast as possible. I noticed, personally, that I felt more sick if the turning speed was too slow.
Anyway, let me know if this helps anyone else out there experiencing motion sickness in VR. Also, if you have any other tips, please feel free to comment.
For further VR insights and observations, stay tuned to NYC Geek Society.
Jon shows off his new Playstation VR rig and setup. Shows in detail how all wires connect and what everything looks like once completely set up. Also, Jon describes his personal methods for dealing with multiple hand-held devices while not being able to see. Check it out. Virtual Reality is HERE!
Hey, Jon here with your Video Game News for 9/13/16!
1. Playstation 4 Firmware update (with FOLDERS!) https://www.playstation.com/en-us/support/system-updates/ps4/
2. Assassin’s Creed: Ezio Collection https://blog.ubi.com/assassins-creed-ezio-collection-announced-ps4-xbox-one/
3. Mass Effect 4: Andromeda contest http://blog.bioware.com/2016/08/30/explorers-wanted-contest/
4. Kojima says Death Stranding will be open world and coop. http://www.ign.com/articles/2016/09/13/tgs-2016-death-stranding-will-be-open-world-have-co-op
5. Tokyo Game Show is this week http://expo.nikkeibp.co.jp/tgs/2016/public/en/
6. The Last Guardian Delayed http://blog.us.playstation.com/2016/09/12/an-update-on-the-last-guardian/